Sunday, March 29, 2009

Rating #7 Memphis Dyer's deep fried hamburgers




Well it's Saturday Night and I'm in Memphis, TN. There's a Basketball game in town 2009 NCAA Men's south regional Oklahoma Vs. North Carolina and town is alive and jumping, 15 thousand people. I'm headed to Beale street to check out the Deep fried Hamburgers at Dyer's Burgers since 1912. Ah yes the flavor of the perfect burger awaits my taste buds.
Dyer's motto is they are still using the same grease that they have been using since it all began back in 1912 "91 year old grease" maybe 1 table spoon of the grease from the end of each day is used each morning to begin the daily routine? What ever ...... If it works for them more power to them.
Chief cook we will just call him Mr. M for now. see picture above.

Now for the scoop was it good Yeaaaaaaaaaa maybe a 7 on the scale of 1 to 10 being the best.
I had 2 single burgers 1 with cheese and the other one without I believe the pepper is what threw me off, the pepper didn't work well with the basic flavor and the meat wasn't rich and full of flavor only grease. the price was a little high $3.49 for a single 6 ounces basic burger. Dbl was $4.49 at these prices it has to be spot on for me.But this is their stic. Vitamin G = Grease ? ?
Very dirty and not a place I will be back in I feel that the owners need to clean up the joint and stop counting the money and pay more attention to the clients.
The best part was meeting the people that were at the counter next to me was Ms. Athena very nice and a real delight to talk to, a paralegal and lives in Wisconsin.
Then a nice young couple walked up and ordered that was down for the game.
Phil and Kari, both gave their favorite tips on some their places that I might want to check out for the best Hamburger.
Dick's burgers in Seattle, WA was Phil's pick, well Phil I will have to get up there and go for a taste test. thanks for the tip.
According to Kari the other one was in Hudson, ID Coeur d'Alene started in 1907 sounds promising and a must see thanks Kari for the heads up.

Until the next stop the food critic is signing out check out my other blogs on coffee to deserts.
All Information is copyrighted and owned by © Blair Morgan 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment